Plex install error

dwchan69

Contributor
Just trying to install Plex on my newly build TrueNAS 12.0 with updates I am getting the following error during the installation. I am trying to use static IP on the jail versus default dhcp

1612416919625.png

Completely new to TNC plug-in and jail, so any feedback would be appreicated

ThreeDee

Guru
after running the plugin for a long time .. finally switched to a manual install to get on latest jail version 12.2.. something to consider .. but as far as your issue with the plug in .. I'd always just use DHCP for initial install and then change to static IP once I new the jail was working properly... as I seemed to run into issues myself when installing with static IP right off the bat .. but here is what I have for settings and it's working just peachy

netconfigjail.jpg

dwchan69

Contributor
Thank you for the feedback and your experience. I did manage to get it to work with static IP but had to go into advance mode and explicit set the vnet0. I do have one follow-up question, as I am not sure if this is because it is in a jail environment. Can you update the plex version using the TNC gui or just have to wait for the next release? I try to click on the update button in the plugin page, but the update seem to fail

ThreeDee

Guru
with the plug in .. I just ran
Code:
pkg install wget
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/mstinaff/PMS_Updater/master/PMS_Updater.sh
sh PMS_Updater.sh -v -a

from the jail shell .. but the plugin itself would get the update in a few days or so regardless
..as far as updating the jail itself, you're stuck with 12.1 for now using the plugin

if you use the automated script to install plex manually in a jail .. it auto updates itself

dwchan69

Contributor
Make sure I understand your reply
1. So if I install Plex on TN as a PlugIns, I would have to wait for TN to update the version before I can use the "Update" button from the WebGUI to update? I been waiting for an update for 2-3 weeks now, just want to set an expectation

1614868151181.png

2. Given, this is jail session, I assume it is normal if I try to initial the web update from the Plugin Plex web GUI, it doesn't really go out and update?

1614868281727.png

ThreeDee

Guru