Plex and 11.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivey

Contributor
OK, I will be updating FreeNAS to the new 11.2 as soon as I am sure I won't have any problems with Plex as that is my primary use for FreeNAS. My main question is are all my plex settings save when I go to System>General>Save Configuration? If they are saved in that situation, does that include things like all the categories I have made for different movies and TV shows? And the last question is when I do upgrade to 11.2, can I then use the configuration file (saved) once 11.2 is installed?
Thanks for any help. This will be the first time I am doing an upgrade to FreeNAS and I have done searches and can't find an answer.

This is my system.
FreeNAS Version: 11.1-U6
Case: Old case for now. Not sure what case to get.
Power Supply: Seasonic Focus 550 Gold
Motherboard: SuperMicro X9SRi-F, LGA 2011, IPMI
Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2, 2.6GHz 8Core (16thread)
Memory: 32GB of 8GB sticks Samsung brand PC3L-12800R DDR3-1600MHz Ram, ECC Registered
HBA: LSI 9211-8i IT Mode 6Gbps SAS HBA
Boot Pool: 240GB Corsair Neutron
Media Pool: 1 vdev 4 X 8 TB Western Digital Reds in Raid Z1
Backup Pool: 1 vdev 2 X 3 TB Western Digital Reds in Raid Z1
Plex Jail: 1 vdev 1 AData SSD 128GB
Also have a Mellanox 10GB Connectx2 Between Server and Desktop PC

danb35

Hall of Famer
My main question is are all my plex settings save when I go to System>General>Save Configuration?
No, nothing for Plex is part of your config file. The only thing even remotely relevant that's in there is the basic jail configuration. Plex data is saved in your jail, or wherever you told the jail to save it.

rivey

Contributor
Thanks danb35, that tells me where to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.