SOLVED PEI--Intel MRC Execution 63

Alpha-Inc.

Dabbler
Hello everybody,

I hope this is the right forum to ask my question. I recently upgraded to a new mainboard (Supermircro A2SDi-H-TP4F) and new RAM (4x 64GB RDIMM Kingston Server Premier) for my NAS. I installed my M.2 SSD and plugged in all the SATA HDDs and booted it up.

The problem I have is that my system is stuck in POST with the message "PEI--Intel MRC Execution 63". I have googled this code but haven't found anything on 63 (but other Execution codes).

Does anyone know what might cause this POST issue? The mainboard does support up to 256GB ECC RDIMM (according to the product page). I posted the system information as an attachment. I have yet to write the Supermicro Support but I thought I ask in this forum, if someone has had similar issues.

Edit: Both the RAM and the Mainboard are brand-new (just received them in the mail the other day)

Attachments

• photo.png
    photo.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 132

c77dk

Patron
Have Kingston confirmed the RAM would work on that board? As far as I can see it's not on the HCL, and when it's not there and if it's not confirmed by the supplier of RAM, you might be unable to use the RAM in the system. Even though timings and so on are the same.

Arwen

MVP
Don't recognize the error, but you can always simplify the setup. Like:
  • Remove any PCIe cards
  • Remove all drives
  • Remove M.2 SSD
  • Remove all but 1 RDIMM
If that does not work, you might try one of the following:
  • Try an un-bufferred DIMM
  • See if the board has a firmware update and if the IPMI can perform the update independent of the CPU.
And of course, make sure all the cable connections are seated well.