SOLVED Brand new build...server shuts off during PEI phase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Sometimes it makes it past code 44 to code 50. I can't find a definitive list of these codes anywhere, but perhaps 44 isn't the problem, and 50 is.
Did you email Supermicro support?

support@supermicro.com

Give them all the information you can, including everything you've done in the way of troubleshooting.

Cicatrize

Explorer
Did you email Supermicro support?

support@supermicro.com

Give them all the information you can, including everything you've done in the way of troubleshooting.
I just spent an hour on the phone with them trying to troubleshoot and didn't really get anywhere. He said the RAM is probably incompatible, which I guess is possible, but I have my doubts that it would cause the issue I'm seeing. This is frustrating. :(

Cicatrize

Explorer
Update for this:

I had some issues getting the new PSU to work with my old FreeNAS setup. Odd, but it was boot-looping. Weird. I returned the new PSU and got a different one. Old setup works fine with it. New didn't (still).

I ended up doing an RMA through NewEgg for the board (a process I don't recommend as it's SLOW) and it still shuts down during PEI. After some more research, the 50 is an error code for unsupported RAM, so I'm thinking the seller sent me the wrong RAM, or both sticks are just bad, so I returned that as well. PSU and RAM were done on Amazon, so easy peasy returns.

I ordered these RAM sticks yesterday and should be here tomorrow (also upgraded to 2x16GB to get 32GB of RAM:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DKBPY2E/

I found a post on here where someone had a different X11 board with this RAM and it worked, so I anticipate this will fix the issue and finally get me up and running. *fingers crossed*

Cicatrize

Explorer
New RAM is in. She fired right up!

Status
Not open for further replies.