Brand New Supermicro X11SSL-CF Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandamonium

Dabbler
Hi All,

So my new hardware is here and I've put it all together, but the motherboard hangs on initialisation. All I need to do is apply the power and it powers on and shows a screen which shows PEI--IPMI Initialization, then BMC 0:0:0:0, then PEI--Intel Reference Code Execution and finally PEI--CPU Initialization with a 32 in the bottom right corner. It then stays on this forever.

All lights on the motherboard are green. I've disconnected everything except the power. Brand new CPU (Xeon E3-1230 v5). Brand new memory (2 x Crucial 16GB ECC DDR4 2133MHz). I've tried clearing CMOS.

I'm at a loss what to try now. Any ideas please?

TIA

Paul

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Can't get to the BIOS? Try a single sick of memory and different sticks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

snaptec

Guru
Have a look at the manual.
Code 32 is ram related.
Try just one or different one.

Code32:CPU post-memory initialization is started

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Pandamonium

Dabbler
So I've got two sticks of ram. I've tried every combination of one or two all with the same result. I've followed the manual in which slots to use, but I guess now I might as well just try them all :smile:

snaptec

Guru
If that does not work - try different one.
Is yours on the compatibility list?

lukyjay

Contributor
Can you try leave your PC off, but with power and connect to it through IPMI? It should give you an event log which might have something, and also POST snooping if that helps?

pschatz100

Guru
Exactly what memory sticks are you using? According to the manual, that board uses UDIMMs. Crucial memory in that size is available both as RDIMM and UDIMM.

Pandamonium

Dabbler
Thanks to everyone who replied. Turns out the motherboard was faulty. Now have a replacement that behaves exactly as it should.

I do now have a different problem, but that's another post :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.