owncloud plugin 6.0.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freesnofla

Patron
Hi, I just tried to get my running owncloud 6.0.1 updated to 6.0.3.
I'm not sure what's happen but I wasn't successful so far. When I press button update; the system begin the download but then the little information screen disappears and I can't see any update so far.

Is there anybody who already did the upgrade and did it work for you, if yes what exactly have you done before you made the upgrade. I tried also to get the owncloud plugin from on to off but that even brought me to a new version.

regards
freenassnofla

norskman

Contributor
I have not got ANY plugin to upgrade. I have been trying for the plexmedia and Owncloud plugins since they were released. The only way i have been successful is to move the data off the jail, delete the jail, delete the plugin and then start from scratch.

This seems to be a bug in the plugin system. Its been there since the plugin system upgrade was introduced.

Clearly the plugin system does understand an upgrade is possible - it looks as if the mechanics of making the plugin upgrade don;'t work.

Unless I am wrong of course.....

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I've graded my Owncloud from 5.0.11 to 6.0.0 or 6.0.1. I've now gone away from the plugin and created my own jail with my own install.

Plex has been a mess and will *always* be a mess because a moderately sized Plex database can easily have 500k+ files for the plex database with some people clocking over 2 million files when they decided to stop counting because it took so long. Doing that backup and restore is an absolute worst-case scenario.

From what i'm aware of with Plex the code is sound and it works. The problem is that it could take days to complete the upgrade and virtually nobody is willing to actually wait that long to let it finish.

The choice is to either use the packaged plugin and accept the consequences of that choice or get your hands dirty, learn FreeBSD and create your own jail to get your application working. It requires work, but if you know how you made everything work you should be able to update it yourself too.

norskman

Contributor
I agree with the above.

What seemed like a good idea by IX - has not worked out very well.

The self install method seems more appropriate.

Or

move your data / back it up from the jail.
The delete the jail and plugin and reinstall - that does work ok.

Freesnofla

Patron
You mentioned "move your data / back it up from the jail", what kind of data are you talking about? I'm not sure at all what data I do have in the jail is that only the data from the owncloud installation or do I have also all files/pictures/audio's there? How does the new owncloud installation get registered what files has been transferred ?

raidflex

Guru
I've graded my Owncloud from 5.0.11 to 6.0.0 or 6.0.1. I've now gone away from the plugin and created my own jail with my own install.

Plex has been a mess and will *always* be a mess because a moderately sized Plex database can easily have 500k+ files for the plex database with some people clocking over 2 million files when they decided to stop counting because it took so long. Doing that backup and restore is an absolute worst-case scenario.

From what i'm aware of with Plex the code is sound and it works. The problem is that it could take days to complete the upgrade and virtually nobody is willing to actually wait that long to let it finish.

The choice is to either use the packaged plugin and accept the consequences of that choice or get your hands dirty, learn FreeBSD and create your own jail to get your application working. It requires work, but if you know how you made everything work you should be able to update it yourself too.

Little off topic but did you ever get SSL working with your custom install of Owncloud?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I sure did.

raidflex

Guru

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I wrote it in the how-to guide for owncloud. Note that if you are doing the plugin and not creating your own jail there's no guarantee anything will work.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
In the guides section of the forum...

Status
Not open for further replies.