Owncloud Plugin 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freesnofla

Patron
Hi, just made the upgrade from 6.0.3 to owncloud 7. But what I'm bit in doubt that there was the warning about SQlite. Should I change to another DB? Is that possible?

best regards
freesnofla

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
if you want to run OC with a different database i recommend you install OC from source. there are a few guides to do this including one I maintain in the How-To section of the forum

Freesnofla

Patron
Is there any risk if I use SQlite? I feel that those guides are bit difficult for me I tried once but failed finally. I'm bit addled when it comes to such an installation but it might be finally better?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I don't think there's a difference in risk. you could just use the PBI and if you feel like it's too sluggish you can try the manual method in a separate jail.

Freesnofla

Patron
Ok, but where will I typically face trouble, is that based on a certain limit GB or where do I maybe get trouble?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Ok, but where will I typically face trouble, is that based on a certain limit GB or where do I maybe get trouble?
there's really no limits to OC.

with sqlite you'll notice slowdown when multiple users are using it, or when importing a lot of small picture/doc files.

Freesnofla

Patron
Yes, you are absolutely right I just started to make my office paperless and now I face really critical slowness. Oh my goodness. Are you able to place the link where I directly able to start with a manual installation. Is there maybe also a simple one as I can't keep the overview when there are too many statements. I really search for a slim going forward installation. You out there are nerds, I'm only a poor butcher with limited IT knowledge.
Hope you help me out.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
here's my guide, it's not written to be user friendly but should be doable if you know how to edit files on the command line.

Freesnofla

Patron
Well first step as I understand is the creation of a jail in FreeNas. Is that possible to do that via ssh root@freenasIP, or is there a better recommendation? What about the existing owncloud plugin?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Well first step as I understand is the creation of a jail in FreeNas. Is that possible to do that via ssh root@freenasIP, or is there a better recommendation? What about the existing owncloud plugin?
don't create the jail on the command line. read the guide, it says what buttons to press

Freesnofla

Patron
I just came to that point, but I'm in doubt, I created the portjail and then I have to add the storage. But how do I find /mnt/tank/files just type it in the blank fields?

Jails > Add Jails
  • type = portjail
Add Storage
  • Source = /mnt/tank/files
  • Destination = /mnt/files
  • Source = /mnt/tank/db
  • Destination = /var/db/mysql

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you should have created /mnt/tank/files in a previous step so you browse to it in the files tree. for /mnt/files you may need to create it on the command line because of a freenas bug. not sure it got fixed yet

Freesnofla

Patron
Where do I have to create mnt/tank/files outside the Jail or where do I need to do that? If you say command line what does it mean should I go by ssh or direct in the Freenas Terminal?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you should have created the tank/files dataset. it's part of the instructions. this guide assumes your zpool is named tank.

you can use the command line how ever you like, it's up to you

Freesnofla

Patron
What about the user you mentioned that you used www, does it make sense to create a new one for that purpose? The jail go the IP 192.168.10.27, how do I come to that jail and how can I do the commands then via Terminal? I got it just entered by ssh root@freenasIP, then JLS so I get all jails shown.
Entering the jail by jexec # tcsh where I have renamed # with the jail number.

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you don't need to create a user, the guide tells you everything u need to do.

not sure why/what you're asking, sounds like you already know how to get on the jail's commandline.

Freesnofla

Patron
Now I get stuck here when running
  1. make install clean -C /usr/ports/devel/pecl-APCu what should I do on that stage?

=> Attempting to fetch http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/m4/m4-1.4.17.tar.bz2
m4-1.4.17.tar.bz2 100% of 1404 kB 596 kBps 00m02s
===> Fetching all distfiles required by m4-1.4.17_1,1 for building
===> Extracting for m4-1.4.17_1,1
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for m4-1.4.17.tar.bz2.
===> Patching for m4-1.4.17_1,1
===> Applying FreeBSD patches for m4-1.4.17_1,1
File to patch:

Status
Not open for further replies.