Obvious jail plugin gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just not obvious to me.

I think I've followed the instructions carefully and managed to load the jail plugin PBI, then continued on to load the Upnp and transmission plugins (they appear in the navigator on the LHS) then (before I do anything else) a reboot leaves the box inaccessible from a browser session. If I take a look at the console I can see that it's now offering to accept GUI logins on 10.0.0.1 rather than the previous 192.168.0.4 but that IP doesn't give me anything. Choosing "restore to factory defaults" and auto-importing the volumes brings it all back to life without losing any data (it's only to learn on anyway).

I'm a thorough noob and just need some pointers (I've tried it three times now!). 10.0.0.1 is the alias entered when installing the plugin jail so I'm guessing I've done something wrong setting up the network interface?

Apologies for being so vague - very new territory for me.

Thanks,

David.

Apologies - I didn't have DHCP checked when I setup the network interface. All
I had to do was drink a glass of this (excellent actually) and to RTFM for it to become apparent :-

Black Cottage Sauvignon Blanc 2011 Marlborough (Majestic).

I love FreeNas - question is, when the thrill of fettling it dies away will it the cost of building a low-power, whisper quiet server be low enough to make me stick with it and not go for a synology for simple home use. Hope so.

Next, getting an actual plugin up-and-running as opposed to just the jail plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.