How to create additional folders inside the plugin jail & mount point errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
I obviously don't have permissions to do anything in the plugin jail so it would be nice to be able to create folders for each plugin I install

Or am I not supposed to be able to? I've seen examples of others who have folders made for their plugins in the jail for the DESTINATION

garfunkel

Dabbler
You need to go into the jail and run mkdir to create directories.

Assuming your jail is named 'jail':

jexec 1 csh

cd /mnt

mkdir DIR_NAME

Then select the DIR_NAME as destination.

You need to go into the jail and run mkdir to create directories.

Assuming your jail is named 'jail':

jexec 1 csh

cd /mnt

mkdir DIR_NAME

Then select the DIR_NAME as destination.

ok I did everything except jexec 1 csh cuz I'm not sure what that is don't know if I need to do that?

ProtoSD

MVP
I don't think people generally make up extra steps that don't need to be done. If you don't know what a command does you can google "man jexec". The jexec needs to be done for stuff INSIDE the jail. The "1" can change, so doing "jexec `jls jid` csh" is more reliable.

I don't think people generally make up extra steps that don't need to be done. If you don't know what a command does you can google "man jexec". The jexec needs to be done for stuff INSIDE the jail. The "1" can change, so doing "jexec `jls jid` csh" is more reliable.

I'll look into it, been doing it without the jexec which seems to be working just fine in the jail area and also after a small bit of trouble shooting even figured out why plugs wouldn't install so that's fixed too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.