Having trouble initialising plugin system

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmacka88

Patron
Hey,

I have tried a couple of times to setup the plugins but get stuck.
Im following Pr0t0sd on http://youtu.be/07yR0igpeao
I have added tank, tank/Plugins and tank/Jail.
But when I setup the Plugin settings from within the services panel, I have made an alias for another IP for the jail. But it says that the IP is in use. However I can enter one that is not being used and it lets me install (then I add that ip to the alias after), but when I run jls in the shell no ip shows up.

I have attached some pics of the error and my settings. I do have a load balancing setup (although not using atm), if this may have anything to do with the prob?

Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2012-08-09 at 7.09.00 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2012-08-09 at 7.09.21 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2012-08-09 at 7.09.29 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2012-08-09 at 7.22.01 PM.jpg

tmacka88

Patron
how do you make a ip pingable to the freenas if you dont make an alias?

tmacka88

Patron
Yeh just figured it out. Thanks.

tmacka88

Patron
I saw it, I was just confused as to what to do different. Dont need to delete just make a caption to say 'skip this step if using beta 4 or above' and 'assign any IP to the jail that is not being used by anything else'.

ProtoSD

MVP
I saw it, I was just confused as to what to do different. Dont need to delete just make a caption to say 'skip this step if using beta 4 or above' and 'assign any IP to the jail that is not being used by anything else'.

It's better to just remove it, you weren't the only one that didn't realize it was outdated. Sorry about that.

tmacka88

Patron
In the global settings set the ipv4 to a ip that is being used for anything else and then use the same ip for the plugin settup. No need for the ip alias as in beta 3

eplag

Cadet
Thanks again for your reply.

I still could not make it work. The IP still does not show when I issue the jls command.

Don't know if it has something to do with the VMWare where I run the Freenas.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
The IP _is not_ supposed to show in jls command..

# jexec `jls jid` ifconfig -a

Also, if you're running in ESX make sure you have promiscuous mode enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.