How to re-download the plugin jail template?

Status
Not open for further replies.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I'm getting a failure when trying to install a plug in (mineos). After investigation, it appears that I have the x64 plugin template snapshot, but not the non-x64 plugin template snapshot (tank/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean). How can I fix this?

Error when trying to install mineos plugin:
Code:
Jan  3 11:22:28 freenas1 warden: Building new Jail... Please wait...
Jan  3 11:22:28 freenas1 warden: zfs clone tank/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean tank/jails/mineos_1
Jan  3 11:22:28 freenas1 warden: ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone
Jan  3 11:22:28 freenas1 manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:37] [MiddlewareError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/mnt/tank/jails/mineos_1/.plugins/PLUGIN']

ZFS snapshot list (notice that tank/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean is missing)
Code:
[root@freenas1] /mnt/tank/jails# zfs list -t snapshot | grep clean
tank/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail--x64@clean                            7.25M      -   907M  -
tank/jails/.warden-template-standard@clean                                    219K      -  2.93G  -
tank/jails/.warden-template-standard--x64@clean                               108M      -  2.84G  -
[root@freenas1] /mnt/tank/jails# 

Warden template list:
Code:
[root@freenas1] /mnt/tank/jails# warden template list            
Jail Templates:
------------------------------
pluginjail - FreeBSD  (amd64)
pluginjail--x64 - FreeBSD  (amd64)
standard - FreeBSD  (amd64)
standard--x64 - FreeBSD  (amd64)
[root@freenas1] /mnt/tank/jails# 

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
I won't even ask how your templates got into this state. Perhaps someone fingergepoken'd the warden, sir???

Also, those are old ass 9.2 jail templates it looks like. Time maybe to blow all of those (and the jails) away, and make fresh ones.

However, I believe this is the information you requested: http://download.freenas.org/jails/

I'm not sure where you go from there.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Yeah - It was an upgraded machine. And I remember going through some headaches after the upgrade to 9.3. I haven't played with the plugins since then (All the ones I have installed are working just right, and I'd rather not lose them).

I saw that plugin directory and I found the .tgz and .mtree files, but I wasn't sure how to add the template correctly (name, OS and x86/x64?).

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I'm considering a new install and restore from config backup, but I don't think that will do anything with the templates. Will it?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Upon further review, it turns out I had a tank/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail dataset, but not a "@clean" snapshot. So I ran zfs snapshot tank/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean and voila! I can install plugins.

Status
Not open for further replies.