Plugin jail installation fails when cloning warden template

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickt

Contributor
Hi,

I've successfully setup one plugin jail (transmission) - working very nicely. I've just attempted to setup a second plugin jail (emby this time), but it fails when building the jail.

Looking at the log, it appears to fail when trying to setup the new Jail dataset, at the point when it clones from the warden template. It seems that it is trying to clone from a malformed path to the template dataset - note the 'pond/mnt/pond' (pond is my pool name) at the beginning of the path in the zfs clone command.

Code:
Apr 10 22:04:03 Saturn warden: Building new Jail... Please wait...
Apr 10 22:04:03 Saturn warden: zfs clone pond/mnt/pond/Jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean pond/Jails/emby_1
Apr 10 22:04:03 Saturn warden: ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone
Apr 10 22:04:03 Saturn manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/mnt/pond/Jails/emby_1/.plugins/PLUGIN']

I think the command should actually have been to clone from pond/Jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean without the extra 'pond/mnt/' at the beginning.

Any ideas? Can I manually install the jail from the template?

One other concern - later in the log, I see the following. Looks like there is still some trace of the failed emby_1 jail, although there is no actual dataset.

Code:
Apr 10 22:32:15 Saturn manage.py: [common.pipesubr:59] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H -o name '/mnt/pond/Jails/.warden-template-pluginjail'
Apr 10 22:32:15 Saturn manage.py: [common.pipesubr:59] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs get -H origin '/mnt/pond/Jails/transmission_1'
Apr 10 22:32:15 Saturn manage.py: [common.pipesubr:59] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs get -H origin '/mnt/pond/Jails/emby_1'
Apr 10 22:32:16 Saturn manage.py: [common.pipesubr:59] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H -o name '/mnt/pond/Jails/.warden-template-pluginjail'
Apr 10 22:32:16 Saturn manage.py: [common.pipesubr:59] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs get -H origin '/mnt/pond/Jails/transmission_1'
Apr 10 22:32:16 Saturn manage.py: [common.pipesubr:59] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs get -H origin '/mnt/pond/Jails/emby_1'

Should this worry me?

Thanks in advance for any help!

D

dlavigne

Are you on the latest STABLE update? Does trying a second time fail with the same error?

nickt

Contributor
Yes I am on the latest stable build. I haven't tried a second time. I'll try that next. Thanks

nickt

Contributor
Well now I'm feeling pretty silly. I did try again, and it just worked this time! I also rebooted the server before my second attempt, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

So thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.