Not able to "Browse" in admin section v9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoMorpHx

Dabbler
When you go to "sharing-> Windows (CIFS) Shares->Add Windows (CIFS) Share" you can add a folder starting with /mnt by pressing "Browse" for a path. When I press it, I only get a yellow folder icon and a "/". There is nothing to select. And that's with eveything where you can hit the "Browse"button.

This is with a fresh installation and also when I imported my old config file from version 9.2.1.9

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
What browser are we talking about?

XenoMorpHx

Dabbler
I am using The latest version of Firefox..

Yes, all volumes are showing, just like they were in 9.2.1.9. I am able to browse the folders and files within my network in windows.

EDIT:
Hardware: AM1H-ITX + AMD5350 and 8GB RAM. 2x2TB Drives and a 1TB drive.
Using USB drive 8GB.

Last edited:

XenoMorpHx

Dabbler
Reinstalled 9.2.1.9 and inserted my backup. Updated to v9.3. Same thing....Volumes are showing, disks are showing, but I still can not "browse" when I want to add a user's "Home Directory" etc.
Then I added another HDD, inserted it as a Volume, added it as a Windows (CIFS) share and now I am able to "browse" to all Volumes again.
But when I detach the new Volume, the ability to "browse" to other volumes is gone :(.

What's going on? :(

D

dlavigne

Huh? How are you adding another drive/volume? Is this UFS or ZFS? How are the drives physically attached (internal, USB)?

XenoMorpHx

Dabbler
I go to "Storage->Import Disk". Then I select the new HDD under "Member disk" and add it. Making a new Volume under "Volumes" and add the Volume to "Windows (CIFS) Shares".
HDD's are connected by SATA. (UFS)

I just don't get it why it doesn't c the other HDD before this action.

I detached the other HDD's under "Storage->Volumes" and imported the disks by copying the file onto another disk. Then I just add the disk as a Volume again with Volume Manager. Luckyly I have enough space to copy all files.

D

dlavigne

[QUOTE(UFS)[/QUOTE]

That's the issue, UFS is not supported in 9.3.

Status
Not open for further replies.