Can not Browse to path's in Freenas 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoMorpHx

Dabbler
I am no longer able to browse to path's when adding a share or anything what has to do with folder browsing.

Fresh install 9.3 on a new USB 32GB flashdrive and imported the config file.
Hardware: AM1H-ITX + AMD5350 and 8GB RAM. 2x2TB Drives and a 1TB drive.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's awfully vague. What's the protocol? What's the client?...

krikboh

Patron
What was your previous FreeNAS version?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
screenshot of which "browse to path" you are talking about would help as well. In the FreeNAS GUI? On a client?

XenoMorpHx

Dabbler
Sorry about that, reading back my own post made me wonder what the h*ll I was talking about..LOL.

Anyway, it's within the admin area. For example: When you go to "sharing-> Windows (CIFS) Shares->Add Windows (CIFS) Share" you can add a folder starting with /mnt by pressing "Browse" for a path. When I press it, I only get a yellow folder icon and a "/". There is nothing to select. And that's with eveything where you can hit the "Browse"button.

I had Freenas 9.2.1.9 installed on a 4GB USB flashdrive, tried to upgrade but it was a no go. So I made a config backup, installed 9.3 on a 32GB flash drive and inserted the config file.

I hope it's clear now :)

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
That helps. :smile:

Sounds like you don't have any datasets. Have you looked in the Storage->Volumes tab to confirm they are listed?

danb35

Hall of Famer
Even without datasets, it should show something more than just /. Something's wrong, but I have no idea what. I'd be inclined to file a bug on this.

XenoMorpHx

Dabbler
That helps. :)

Sounds like you don't have any datasets. Have you looked in the Storage->Volumes tab to confirm they are listed?
I do, as everything was set as it was on the previous version. The volumes, discs etc. I can browse through folders in windows no sweat. There are also other things not working, like the plugins. I can't activate them, when I do get a message: "Something went wrong" and the plugin stays off.

Would a fresh reinsall help? I don't know if the problem with the browsing was there from the start, or it got like this after I uploaded the config file.
Can I import volumes from my current drives without loosing all files?

danb35

Hall of Famer
If you do a clean install, you can auto-import your existing pool, and you'll have all your data there. However, you'd need to recreate any users, shares, and I think jails.

XenoMorpHx

Dabbler
Well, I did a fresh reinstall, but I still can not browse to folders in the admin area (no config loaded). I installed it using an USB with a boot image of FreeNas 9.3. Could it be the USB drive fooking up during installation?

Joster69

Cadet
I have the same problem. Updated from 9.2 to 9.3. Everything worked fine in 9.2. I have not tried a fresh install but that did not work for XenoMorpHx so I don't know if it is worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.