No plugins install

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayebee

Cadet
When I try to install any plugin I receive the following error --

Error: The command /usr/sbin/jexec 3 /usr/local/sbin/pbi_add -f --no-checksig /.plugins/sickbeard-1.1-amd64.pbi failed: ""

ayebee

Cadet
Tried a few different versions, 9.2 & 9.2.1.1. Volume created was ZFS. Strange thing was when i reverted all the way back to 9.1.1 it worked. I was able to create my windows share and install all/any plugins.

74George

Cadet
I'm having the same problem. The plugin jail gets created successfully on my ZFS volume and starts up just fine. However, the plugin installation fails without much detail. Not sure what's going on here. Yesterday, I upgraded my FreeNAS box (HP Microserver N40L) from 9.1.1 to the latest (9.2.1.2) without any issues. I'ver never had any plugins installed on 9.1.1, so this is the first I've ever tried a plugin install. The same thing happens if I try another plugin, such as SABNZBD.

Here's what I see in my /var/log/message file:

Mar 3 21:59:34 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/zfs list -H -o name /mnt/WD_2TB_REDS/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail
Mar 3 21:59:55 freenas manage.py: [common.pipesubr:58] Popen()ing: /sbin/ping -q -t 2 -o 192.168.1.76
Mar 3 22:00:19 freenas last message repeated 2 times
Mar 3 22:00:22 freenas warden: Building new Jail... Please wait...
Mar 3 22:00:22 freenas warden: zfs clone WD_2TB_REDS/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean WD_2TB_REDS/jails/plexmediaserver_1
Mar 3 22:00:23 freenas warden: Success!
Mar 3 22:00:23 freenas warden: Jail created at /mnt/WD_2TB_REDS/jails/plexmediaserver_1
Mar 3 22:00:24 freenas kernel: bridge0: Ethernet address: [MAC omitted]
Mar 3 22:00:24 freenas kernel: em0: promiscuous mode enabled
Mar 3 22:00:24 freenas kernel: bridge0: link state changed to UP
Mar 3 22:00:24 freenas kernel: epair0a: Ethernet address: [MAC omitted]
Mar 3 22:00:24 freenas kernel: epair0b: Ethernet address: [MAC omitted]
Mar 3 22:00:24 freenas kernel: epair0a: link state changed to UP
Mar 3 22:00:24 freenas kernel: epair0b: link state changed to UP
Mar 3 22:00:24 freenas kernel: em0: link state changed to DOWN
Mar 3 22:00:24 freenas kernel: epair0a: promiscuous mode enabled
Mar 3 22:00:27 freenas kernel: em0: link state changed to UP

Mar 3 22:00:30 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The command /usr/sbin/jexec 1 /usr/local/sbin/pbi_add -f --no-checksig /.plugins/plexmediaserver-0.9.9.5.411_1-amd64.pbi failed: ""]

ayebee

Cadet
Yep, I go through the exact same thing. The odd part is, when I downgraded to 9.1.1 - created my CIFS and tried to install a plugin, no luck. When I disabled the CIFS and then tried the plugin install, worked fine.

74George

Cadet
Hmm, interesting. I don't want to downgrade to 9.1.1 so that wasn't an option for me. I would think the CIFS share shouldn't affect the plugin install script but maybe it ran into some permissions error.

Well, I solved my own problem in another manner. After I posted my findings above, I thought a bit more about this error and figured since it errors out so quickly during package installation, there must be some permissions error somewhere. So, what I did to fix it was stop and remove all jails. Next, I browsed to the storage view and deleted the jails ZFS dataset. Once that dataset was gone, I edited the jails path and saved it to the same location, re-ran the plex plugin installer and bam, it's working now. I've been playing around with the plex app for the last hour or so.

Here's a tip I figured out after some head scratching. If you run into a permissions error when plex tries to read the media files, make sure to change the permissions on the files recursively so that 'other' has read access. I enabled r+x on other just to be sure.

D

dlavigne

Mar 3 22:00:30 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The command /usr/sbin/jexec 1 /usr/local/sbin/pbi_add -f --no-checksig /.plugins/plexmediaserver-0.9.9.5.411_1-amd64.pbi failed: ""]

Has anyone checked yet to see if there is a similar bug on bugs.freenas.org? If not, please create one and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.