Unable to install Plex plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

parthpintoo

Cadet
I am getting below error when I try to install Plex plugin,

Error: The command /usr/sbin/jexec 9 /usr/local/sbin/pbi_add -f --no-checksig /.plugins/plexmediaserver-0.9.8.18.290-amd64.pbi failed: ""

Not sure what's the issue. I am running latest freenas(9.2) with latest plex plugin. Please help !

parthpintoo

Cadet
Error: The command /usr/sbin/jexec 10 /usr/local/sbin/pbi_add -f --no-checksig /.plugins/plexmediaserver-0.9.8.14.263-amd64.pbi failed: ""

cyberjock

Inactive Account
9.2 isn't the latest.

Can you post your hardware please?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well:

1. You need more than 2GB of RAM if you want to use plugins, even if you are using UFS.
2. You need x64 for Plex unless I'm mistaken.
3. Plugins requires ZFS, so unless you are using ZFS with 2GB of RAM, you don't meet the requirements.

parthpintoo

Cadet
Thanks for quick response ! Any suggestions for RAM? How much I need it to run this configuration?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The manual says 8GB minimum for ZFS and 2GB for UFS(plus whatever you'll need for your plugin). I won't quote a number for Plex's usage because this isn't the plex forums. I'd rather direct you to their forums for that answer. I would probably go to 10GB as a starting point though.

parthpintoo

Cadet
I bumped up the RAM by 8 GB but still can't install Plex plugin. I am getting the same error. I even tried installing other plugins and got the same error. Can you please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.