New Plugin Available: Plex Media Server!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Skip that step, it looks like you are already in your Plex jail.

fredd589

Cadet
Skip that step, it looks like you are already in your Plex jail.
Ok thanks, so the script ran, and I got the final "done" message, left it for a few mins and my Plex is back to normal.
Under general it says Version 2.2.7.
I still cannot get my film extras to be displayed, any ideas as to why this wouldn't be working?
Thanks again :)

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
you are looking at the client version. Try looking at the server settings and it will have the server version there. You might also have to restart the service, I'm not sure if the script does that for you. To restart the server you use "service plexmediaserver restart" or "service plexmediaserver_plexpass restart" depending on which one you use. That command is executed from within the jail. To get trailers working you might also need to re-analyse your library. It didn't start working for me right away, but that could have been the bug that existed in the freebsd version of plex that didn't let trailers play correctly.

fredd589

Cadet
:/ restarted the service and on server side I'm getting "Version 0.9.11.1", in other news extras started working again!

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
:/ restarted the service and on server side I'm getting "Version 0.9.11.1", in other news extras started working again!
So great it's working. You have the newest version

mstinaff

Dabbler
jls and jexec are to get you into the plex jail.
root@plexmediaserver_1:/# means you are already inside your plex jail.
from there you can skip steps 1. 2. and 3.

Magnus33

Patron
Looks like the update to the plex updater got bumped to the next major os.

What this means is anyone's guess as it could mean 9.3 final or 10.

Not the end of the world since it does work you just need to start it before going to bed and not during the misses walking dead..yikes.

adrianwi

Guru
I updated to 0.9.9.13.525 yesterday through the GUI without any problems. Took about 3-4 hours, but all working fine.

MoFN

Cadet
The problem with my Plex plugin update failing is that the existing 0.9.9.13.525 install constantly shows an update is available and, sure enough, under Available plugins, it shows 0.9.11.1.678 is available. But I can't get the current install to update to the later one via the GUI. The update procedure appears to run for ~2 min., then stops as if completed, but it doesn't update. (FreeNAS 9.2.1.8)

What is the latest ver. of PMS_Updater.sh and where can I get it? TIA.

Last edited:

CraftyClown

Patron
So am I right in thinking the PBI version and the Plex pass version via the PMS_Updater are currently the same version number?

I used Mstinaff's script and it appears to work, as I get 'Done' at the end, however as I had done a fresh install of the plugin yesterday, it was already on version 0.9.11.1.678 therefore nothing appears to have changed

I presumed the Plexpass build would have a different number. Is everyone seeing the same?

mstinaff

Dabbler
0.9.11.1.678 was recently opened for all users and not just Plexpass. So right now it is expected that the version numbers match.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Outstanding. I'm going to take this opportunity to lock this thread. This was meant to be an announcement of the Plex plugin and turned into a "all you can eat" thread. ;)

Thanks to all that participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.