Network shares not working after changing IP address of Freenas Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaaphod

Contributor
I have a Freenas 9.3 Server that has been running fine for quite a while, I normally map my network shares with it's IP address. of course this requires it to have a fixed IP address. I've been having a lot of issues recently where my router keeps changing my LAN ip address range from 192.168.x.x to 10.something.x.x (subnet mask is 255.555.0.0) I keep setting it back to 192.168.x.x and it will work for a while and then it will set itself back to 10.something.x.x I have an idea that this is happening because my internet cable modem is getting reset due to power failure or service interruption and when it's booting back up it's assigning 192.168.0.1 to itself and my router is changing my LAN IP addresses to avoid a conflict. So I'm sick of fixing this all the time, so I decided to just change my entire LAN address range to 10.10.x.x

So I have everything working except for my freenas server. I changed it's IP address from 192.168.0.222 to 10.10.0.222 and as soon as I changed this I can access the web interface by browsing to 10.10.0.222, but I cannot access my network shares with \\10.10.0.222 on any of my computers. I've rebooted all my computers and the router and the freenas server, but I can't access it with \\10.10.0.222 on ANY computer anymore, but the web interface works fine at that address on ALL computers. I can also ping it from any of my computers on the network, and the computers can all network to each other. I made sure my subnet mask is 255.255.0.0

my client computers are all windows 7 or windows 10

Does anyone have any idea of why I can access the web interface but I can't access my network shares now?

Zaaphod

Contributor
I got this working... I had to go into services > CiFS > Settings and select the new IP address under "Bind IP Addresses"

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I got this working... I had to go into services > CiFS > Settings and select the new IP address under "Bind IP Addresses"
If you leave that Space Blank it'll work on whatever IP address your NASA's on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.