Mount NTFS-Drive to copy data on my NAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marius

Cadet
Hey guys,
already found lots of information about this topic in this and other forums but it won't work..
I configured fuse
mount -uw /
cp /usr/local/modules/fuse.ko /boot/kernel/
echo fuse_load=\"YES\" >> /boot/loader.conf
and tried to mount the ntfs drive
ntfs-3g /dev/xxxx /mnt/ntfs
No errors occured, but i can't see any file or directory on my mounted ntfs drive.
Is it possible to check if the drive is really mounted?

Yatti420

Wizard
I've never tried to load an NTFS drive on FreeNAS.. In putty or equivalent go to mnt/ see if its there..

Did you import with the webgui?

Code:
cd mnt/

I've attached the reference for importing NTFS etc.. http://doc.freenas.org/index.php/Volumes

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You should be using the webGUI to mount your ntfs drive. If the webGUI isn't working as the wiki says then we need to know so we can fix it. I can tell you that quite a few people have used the webGUI to mount NTFS with 9.1.1, so I doubt there's any problems with the wiki.

Marius

Cadet
hello again,
first i used the webGUIbut it was not possible to mount the drive.
i have choosen the ntfs drive, clicked on ntfs radiobutton and the ntfs drive occures in my drive list but with wrong capacity and unkown status.
using ftp, i was not able to see any file on the "mounted" drive.

later, i also read that its not possible to mount the drive with the webGUI... everyone got the same problems..
so i used the shell to mount the drive with the commands above.
i think mounting the drive worked fine, because when i'm rebooting my system theres a message saying: unmounting drive xxx /mnt/ntfs.
anyway, i cant see any file in this folder...

Status
Not open for further replies.