MINIDLNA - Unable to point two data set to same media folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavenhated

Dabbler
All

Finally DLNA is working as expected. I have two data sets where one has all music and videos while the second one has all pictures.

Under Jail, Usr/Pbi/minidlna-amd64 i have created two folders Pictures and Media.

In Minidlna.Conf i have added the following

media_dir=/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media media_dir=/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/picture port=8200 inotify=yes enable_tivo=no strict_dlna=no notify_interval=20 friendly_name=Videos
My Dlna clients are able to see only the Media. They are not able to see the picture folder.

I can move all the pictures under a single data set for a solution. Am i wrong to assume the above code should work?

Apologies if it is too basic, a little confused with Minidlna text.

joeschmuck

Old Man
This is an old problem and here is the solution... I am assuming you are using FreeNAS 9.2.0-Release since you neglected to mention it. Also your posting dosen't look complete. If you have any values in Aux Parameters, remove them. Turn off the Minidlna plugin before starting this process and turn it on once done.

Within your jail you need to create two folders under /media. Call them '/media/pictures' and '/media/videos'.

I will step you through the easiest way to create this in my opinion...

NOTE: Leave out the single quotes, they just tell you to type what is in between them.
1) In the GUI left pane click on Shell.
2) Type 'jls', locate the minidlna plugin JID number. If you have one plugin it will be 1.
3) Type 'jexec 1 /bin/csh', this will get you into the jail.
4) Type 'cd /media'
5) You can skip this step if you have a ton of files; Type 'ls' and all your shared media should be listed.
6) Type 'mkdir videos'
7) Type 'mkdir pictures'
8) You are done at this point so type 'exit'. This will get you back to the main shell and type 'exit' one last time.

Now reconfigure MiniDLNA shares, point your videos to the /media/video folder and your pictures to /media/pictures.

Let me know if this works for you.

heavenhated

Dabbler
Thanks Joe...That kind of worked. I moved the pointers to /Media folder and thats not even inside the PBI folder.

Everything now works.

Status
Not open for further replies.