Minidlna multiple storage locations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tophee

Explorer
Hi,

I am running 9.1.0-release and I have minidlna working. It serves music around my house, but I also want it to serve my videos for various dlna enabled devices, such as my Xbox 360.

My music lives in a volume at /mnt/Server/Music and I ave the destination in the minidlna setup as a folder /music. I added an additional folder called /video and added a second storage entry pointing to the mount for my videos /mnt/Server/Videos.

Minidlna only saw one of these mounts, usually the music mount point. In the configuration menu I tried to add "Auxiliary Parameters", such as "media_dir=V,/mnt/Server/Videos". But this did not work.

Is there a way of adding a second location for media, or do I need to create a second dlna plugin for my movies?

Thanks

fracai

Guru
Try setting the mount points as something like /media/music and /media/movies and have mini dlna look at /media

paleoN

Wizard
In the configuration menu I tried to add "Auxiliary Parameters", such as "media_dir=V,/mnt/Server/Videos". But this did not work.
Yes, this is wrong. You need to specify the jail-side mount, /video.

tophee

Explorer
Thanks fracai, I'll try that.
paleoN - oh yeah. I see. Rookie mistake. Wrong path. Doh.

ndboost

Explorer
what Fracai said is the best scenario from my limited experience.

Only thing is make sure the dlna user has the appropriate permissions to those mount points/folders.

I have the following folder structure in my jail:

Code:
/mnt/Media
    Music/
    Movies/
    TV/

Outside of the jail, i have storage mapped for the jail as:

Code:
/mnt/DATA/Movies -> /mnt/Media/Movies
/mnt/DATA/Music -> /mnt/Media/Music
/mnt/DATA/TV -> /mnt/Media/TV

on the dlna config i have it set to share from /mnt/Media

tophee

Explorer
Hi Guys, a quick update:
I set minidlna to look in my media folder, which I created a music folder and a videos folder. Now I don't see either when I look for upnp shares on my network.
Perhaps I set it up wrong. Thanks for the info on your setup ndboost. I'll try again.

tophee

Explorer
A late update... but it was my own fault not creating the folders correctly in the jail for the mount points to mount to... Doh.

Status
Not open for further replies.