MiniDlna installation FreeNas 9.1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

karlosski

Cadet
I thought i'd switch from OMV to freenas 9.1.0 but im struggling to figure out how to install plugins in particular MiniDLNA, although I can't understnd why this wouldn't just come as one of the services.

All the videos and help pages i've found describe how to install the plugins for version 8. Does anyone have any links to an idiots guild.

Thanks

Karl

cyberjock

Inactive Account
An Idiots guild? You must play World of Warcraft and be in my guild! Just kidding.

9.1 is still a beta. Its great for experimenting and seeing what works and what doesn't. Bugs can be reported to support.freenas.org. But I highly recommend not using FreeNAS 9.1 until it hits the official release. It's possible that some nasty bug will eat your data and you don't want to be that poor sap that got screwed.

Part of the reason why the documentation doesn't exist yet is because its not up to release candidate status yet. Usually around RC status documentation may start popping up here and there, but the manual generally isn't released until a few days after the "release" hits the streets.

karlosski

Cadet
I have all my data backed up to multiple devices and only store movies and music on my NAS it's not important if it gets damaged or deleted. I want to be able to do 2 things install DLNA and Plex server these should be built in as standard what an incredibly home NAS that would be.

I guess i'll have to figure it out through trial and error thanks for the advise but I'll plough on with the Beta version.

Karl

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Ooo. I don't know if you heard, but there's a beta version of Plex for FreeBSD now! I don't have a plex pass to check it out, but at least that gives hope that Plex can run in the jail someday :D

karlosski

Cadet
Ooo. I don't know if you heard, but there's a beta version of Plex for FreeBSD now! I don't have a plex pass to check it out, but at least that gives hope that Plex can run in the jail someday :D

I'd give my left nut for that fantastic news I might even upgrade my account and have a look.

Cheers

Karl

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Allegedly the link(if you have plexpass) is http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topic/67494-plex-media-server-for-freebsd. It's an error page for me because I'm not a plexpass member. If you sign up and decide to give it a test you gotta post back how well it works in its current form. I figure its either doing very well or very buggy. Just curious to how good/bad it is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.