DLNA issue - tablet seeing FreeNAS, but not showing any files

Status
Not open for further replies.

dikk

Dabbler
Good day,

Many thanks for releasing FreeNAS 8.3. It'a a great NAS system and it's doing a great job serving files via CIFS/SMB. The PBI plugins are a great addition to FreeNAS. However, I seem to have a problem relating to the plugins. The PBI plugin installed fine, but I seem to have a problem with the DLNA Plugin: all seems installed fine as far as I can see and I can see the FreeNAS server on my Android tablet (with MediaHouse and BubbleUPnP).

- Under ->Services ->Control Services, Plugins button is on, the minidlna plugin is 'on' in the plugins tab.

- The MountPoint seems to be working. mnt/virtData/FreeNASMedia links to /usr/pbi/minidlna-i386/MyMedia. Going into MyMedia I can see the files sitting there.

- Under ->Plugins -> MiniDLNA, the media directory is entered as /usr/pbi/minidlna-i386/MyMedia​

So summarising, I can see the FreeNAS server from my phone and tablet, but no files are shown.

As a sidenote, DLNA works fine in nas4free (also running in virtualbox); I can watch videos etc, but I prefer to use FreeNAS.... :) so if you can suggest anything that I need to check, please let me know.

I have searched the forums and have followed protosd's step-by-step DLNA video but something is not right I guess.

Hardware: Intel Core i7 2600 3.4Ghz
RAM: 12Gb
Host System: Linux Mint 14 (64bit)
FreeNAS running in VirtualBox (UFS with 1Gb RAM assigned)

dikk

Dabbler
Any suggestions... or is more information required? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.