mini_DLNA for serving a PS3.....Less hair on my head....Wait, I was already bald.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob Josh

Cadet
Good afternoon all,
Next to no xp with Linux. Trying to set up miniDLNA on FreeNAS 8.2 to serve my media library to a PS3.
I can see the miniDLNA (BatCave_miniDLNA) from my PS3. Can see Videos, Pictures & Music. There are no files, or “There are no titles” as the PS3 likes to spit out at me. All settings were setup with the GUI. Do I need to edit the miniDLNA config file, and how? Where the H*** are the Video, Music, Pictures directories for mini_DLNA? I thought you just pointed at it with the mount point. Do I need to work magic with the Shell? I already had to chmod 777 the mnt/Tank1 to set permissons and allow me to transfer files over the network. Let me know where my wanderings have gone wrong!! Thanks in advance.

Josh

Config as follows:

Mount Point

Source
:/mnt/Tank1/MYmedia/ps3

Destination
: /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/MYmedia

Media Directory
: /mnt/Tank1/jail/software/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/MYmedia

Minidlna-amd64
Friendly Name: BatCave_miniDLNA

Noob Josh

Cadet
Following protosd's video, I created a file to see if it is via=sable within the jail. I get this when I run jls

[root@freenas ~]# cd /mnt/Tank1/Media
[root@freenas /mnt/Tank1/Media]# ls
TESTfile
[root@freenas /mnt/Tank1/Media]# jls
JID IP Address Hostname Path
3 - software /mnt/Tank1/jail/software
[root@freenas /mnt/Tank1/Media]#

I take it that NOT having an IP show up could be bad?? I need to goo over things again, as the TEST file is not visible within the jail.

paleoN

Wizard
Media Directory
: /mnt/Tank1/jail/software/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/MYmedia
This is wrong and a known bug with 8.2 minidlna. Search better next time. It should be:
Code:
/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/MYmedia
Or whatever you have the mountpoint set to now.

I take it that NOT having an IP show up could be bad??
RTFM, it mentions this specifically. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.