losing hope using minidlna HELP PLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n00bie

Cadet
Hi everyone,

I've searched the forums and have done everything to try to get minidlna to work with my PS3. I can see the share on my PS3 called test. However when i go into it on my PS3 there are folders in there with no information. I created a mount point - source: /mnt/Raidz/PS3 destination: /mnt/Raidz/Jail/Software/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/PS3 Media Directory -/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media - My Build FreeNAS-8.2.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r11950). I made a CIFS share to just test and put a picture in that folder but still nothing. Am i supposed to share it a different way?

ProtoSD

MVP
Hi everyone,

I created a mount point -
source: /mnt/Raidz/PS3
destination: /mnt/Raidz/Jail/Software/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/PS3
Media Directory -/usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media

Ok, you have 3 directories listed there, there should only be 2. Your destination looks wrong, you don't need the "/mnt/Raidz/Jail/Software" only /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/PS3.

n00bie

Cadet
Thank you so much for your help. I changed it and now it's:

Mount Point:

Source - /mnt/Raidz/PS3
Destination - /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/PS3

Media Directory - /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media/PS3

Still nothing when I see it on my PS3 still empty folders.

I do however see when I restart Freenas it says /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media/PS3 not accessible. I don't understand since i can see it on my PS3 but i don't see anything I put in there from a CIFS share i created.

ProtoSD

MVP
Ok, you still have a couple of folders that don't coincide.

If your media directory is /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media/PS3, then your destination folder should also be the same. Your destination is whatever folder inside your jail that has the files in your source directory. Like I mentioned in my first post, you're listing 3 different folders, the media and destination should probably be the same, there should only be 2 folders.

Another thing, you can open a shell from the GUI and type:

jexec 1 csh

and then

cd /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/media/PS3

OR

cd /usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64/PS3

and then

ls

whichever folder has your media files is what your destination should be when you create the mountpoint.

n00bie

Cadet
Sorry that was my bad for not understanding. I got it to work! Thank you so much! I do have one last thing to ask. I have 3 zfs datasets. Movies, Music, Photos. I created that PS3 as a test. Now if i can only have one media directory does that mean what i have in my movie folder i have to have the same files in the ps3 too? Or the mount point doesn't have to be ps3? just create 3 different ones for movie music and photos?

ProtoSD

MVP
Sorry for the delay, I'm very remote and having technical difficulties ;)

You would need to create 3 folders in your jail and make a mountpoint for each of them that corresponds to each of your datasets. Those 3 folders can be subfolders of the media/ps3 folder you already have.

n00bie

Cadet
No problem at all. You helped me alot, Thank you again. But i noticed something today i'm getting a message saying

Freed UMA keg was not empty (70 items). Lost 7 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg was not empty (672 items). Lost 4 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg was not empty (40 items). Lost 4 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg was not empty (20 items). Lost 5 pages of memory.

ProtoSD

MVP
I've seen those message also, I'm not sure what is causing them. It's a new error that's started occurring since 8.2.

paleoN

Wizard
It's a new error that's started occurring since 8.2.
I think it started with BETA4. I decided that it was noise related to the jail, but I don't remember why I thought that anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.