miniDLNA 8.3.0 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostwolf59

Contributor
Hi ho,
Can someone please tell me what to look for when this happens...

Successfully install jail plugin for freenas 8.3.0
Installed miniDlna plugin compatible for freenas version 8.3.0
Installed fireFly compatible for freenas version 8.3.0
Installed Transmission for freenas version 8.3.0

Successfully get all services to run
Can download torrents successfully

.... But after a days up time the miniDlna plugin and fireFly disappeared from the admin console (Services->plugins)
I can still access the web interface for miniDlna (same with transmission)
Unsuccessful accessing fireFly web interface
The FireFly plugin now disabled and when trying to start it it comes back with "some error occurred" (very useful message indeed) - the firefly log don't show anything in particular that can pinpoint what's wrong.

After a few trials accessing firefly web gui I can suddenly access fireFly

Now when I check the Services->plugins, fireFly have reappeared
miniDlna still not showing.

10 minutes later miniDlna plugin show up

What the....?????

I have also experienced that the plugins fail after rebooting freenas.
Another common issues is that the mount point used by miniDlna always fail to mount after rebooting freenas and the only way I seem to be able to mount it again is to shut down all plugin services *Core
followed by restarting Core plugins and then mount the failing mount point and then start the miniDlna and the rest of the plugin services.

I am confused as hell over what's going on

cheers

D

dlavigne

8.3.0 is not the latest release version. Does upgrading to 8.3.1-p2 fix the problem?

ghostwolf59

Contributor
8.3.0 is not the latest release version. Does upgrading to 8.3.1-p2 fix the problem?
My somewhat narrow experience of 8.3.1 is more MORE issues with plugins. - all sorts of issue.
The most stable version I had was (perhaps sounds weird but) v 0.7.2 - Had this running for years without any issues (until a major meltdown with my Raid5) - The recovery (or lack thereof was due to my misunderstanding of Raid5 actually meant - fortunately I managed to recover 99% of what was broken)
but overall it did what is was set to do without any issues.

Once I moved to 8.3 I have had countless issues and difficulties with plugins.
I have also experience total meltdowns from exporting/importing the configs where the system ceased up completely after a config upload

So in short - 8.3 series is causing me grief (mostly because my family members now start to doubt the rationale of being stucked with a broken system where my security mind of doing enforcing frequent backups and one share point currently is mostly broken - At the moment I'm not happy mate !

Status
Not open for further replies.