firefly and itunes problem (itunes 11.02.26 (Same as with itunes 10.n.n))

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostwolf59

Contributor
I am having problem with firefly serving itunes
Tried itunes 10.n.n and most recently also version 11.02.26

Firelfy is up and running
When I start itunes and select "firefly svn-1696 on plugin..." from within itunes the music on the server shows up but when I try to play any of the songs nothing happens.
I can retrieve all the info of the music within itunes (which seem to indicate that something is passed across to itunes - but as I said, I cant play anything - no message - nothing when trying to play music.
itunes.jpg

The status of firefly shows my clients ip address with action "Waiting for DB update"
firefly.jpg

Noticed that "bonjour" is in stopped state - no idea how to turn this on - also not sure if this needs to be up and running.:confused:

When I try to play content using Windows Media player I can see MiniDLNA content - Firefly don't show though, but that might be normal - MiniDLNA content plays perfectly

I would like to get firefly to work as well though

Anyone that can shed some light on this ?

ghostwolf59

Contributor
I am having problem with firefly serving itunes
Tried itunes 10.n.n and most recently also version 11.02.26

Firelfy is up and running
When I start itunes and select "firefly svn-1696 on plugin..." from within itunes the music on the server shows up but when I try to play any of the songs nothing happens.
I can retrieve all the info of the music within itunes (which seem to indicate that something is passed across to itunes - but as I said, I cant play anything - no message - nothing when trying to play music.
View attachment 1960

The status of firefly shows my clients ip address with action "Waiting for DB update"
View attachment 1959

Noticed that "bonjour" is in stopped state - no idea how to turn this on - also not sure if this needs to be up and running.:confused:

When I try to play content using Windows Media player I can see MiniDLNA content - Firefly don't show though, but that might be normal - MiniDLNA content plays perfectly

I would like to get firefly to work as well though

Anyone that can shed some light on this ?

Found what the problem were.

When I initially installed firefly I opted for the default media folder (/usr/mp3)
Once installed I activated the plugin which in turn resulted in a full scan.

Later I decided to change this location (/usr/mp3) to instead point to /usr/myMedia
Even though I performed several full scans (both from firefly and MiniDLNA) the initial content stored in the songs3.db (*.../PluginJail/Plugins/var/cache/mt-daapd/songs3.db) were never updated to point to myMusic - it was still pointing to /usr/mp3 :mad:
This in turn throw errors in the .../PluginJail/Plugins/var/log/mt-daapd.log which pointed me in the direction of the songs3.db :p

After deleting the songs3.db everything is back again - itunes finds and plays the musing from firefly :o

bottom line of my findings...
If you decide to change the initial path (/usr/mp3) for firefly you need to delete the songs3.db as it wont be updating already scanned paths
Well, that's my findings - perhaps there is a more logical explanation but hopefully this would assist someone else running into a similar issue ;)

btw.
After deleting the songs3.db and once core services and plugins all had been restarted I initially had some problem accessing the firefly web interface - from what I can gather this was due to MiniDLNA doing a full scan against media also included in the firefly setup where I noticed a potential concurrency problem since both firefly and MiniDLNA is writing to the same songs3.db
Once MiniDLNA completed its scan the problem disappeared and I had no problem accessing the firefly web interface.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.