SOLVED MiniDLNA 1.0.25_1 x64 not recognizing new files since upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianDMG

Explorer
I searched around and couldn't find this specific problem: I just upgraded from FreeNAS 8.3.1 to 9.1.1 (x64), and along with that upgraded miniDLNA from 1.0.24 to 1.0.25. I started with a totally fresh config, set up my jail as a plugin jail and set up my storage like I did in 8.3.1 and 1.0.24.

Now, I can connect with miniDLNA from my devices, and I can even see the new files in the media directory (and the jail "linked" media folder) via FTP or CIFS - yet when I go to view the new file(s) on my XBOX 360 or on my phone, the new files don't show up. However, when I move files that existed on the machine prior to the upgrade, miniDLNA reflects those changes. I've also tried multiple different files and file formats, to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as my wife is currently busting my balls because we can't watch It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia :) Thanks!

BrianDMG

Explorer
Thought I'd posted this in the Plugins subforum.. can a mod move it over there?

paleoN

Wizard
Sounds like basic permissions issue. Compare the permissions on the old moved files vs the new ones. You can also check the minidlna log in the jail to see how many files it was able to scan.

BrianDMG

Explorer
You are absolutely correct about the permissions difference.. The old files were 666, and the new ones were 600. Any chance you could shed some light on why that might be? I'm an even bigger newb at chmod file permission codes than I am at FreeNAS in general. Thanks for responding, too, I was beginning to lost hope :)

BrianDMG

Explorer
I actually got it figured out - my permissions in the FTP service on my FreeNAS machine had changed since I started out with a clean build. I went into the advanced options and fixed it back to 666 for files, which solved my problem. However, it took several tries to get the new permissions to 'stick' in the FreeNAS GUI, so that might be something you guys should look in to.

Great work with 9.1, by the way! Also, the addition of Plex makes FreeNAS infinitely more valuable to me. Thanks for all your hard work!

Status
Not open for further replies.