SOLVED Mineos profile.config permission problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

stabthebunny

Cadet
So I have only been using freenas for about a month and have managed to get plex, transmission and owncloud running correctly so far. However, I am for all intents and purposes a newbie when it comes to freenas and command line work in general.

I am trying to get mineos working correctly. Everything works fine until I get to the "Manage Profiles" section of the web ui. At the top it reads -
"You do not have rights on /profiles/profile.config, so you may prototype a profile but not update it"

I opened a shell and the output from "ls -lg profile.config" is:
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root mcserver 0 Oct 12 14:57 profile.config

I am logging into the webui as mcserver which is the default username.

I tried to make a new user in a new group to give the permissions to thinking that would fix my problem but the "addgroup" command was not found.

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

Small update:
I added a user to wheel then ran chmod 777 profile.config just for good measure. I am having the same problem after logging into the webui with the new username.

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
are you on 9.2.1.8? this is required to mount linprocfs
if so can you try stopping and starting the plugin, this is needed to load linprocfs anytime freenas is rebooted.

also I noticed mineos sometimes let's me without an account, make sure you logout and login with the mcserver account.

stabthebunny

Cadet
UGH. I was running 9.2.1.7. It started working after updating.

Thanks so much for your help and for this awesome plugin. I cant wait to get back from work tonight so I can start playing!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
NP, hope this plugin helps some FN users relax lol

Status
Not open for further replies.