Migration of VMs from CORE to SCALE

Spunky17

Cadet
Okay, so looking to migrate from CORE to SCALE. I have a number of VMs running under CORE that I'd like to continue running under SCALE. I know that the upgrade process from CORE to SCALE is supposed to bring along the VMs and setup them up to run just as they did previously, however I'm considering performing a fresh install of SCALE. My system has been running for years from back when it was still FreeNAS and I'm just thinking it might be time to clean house and get rid of all the old stuff still tagging along from upgrade after upgrade. What I'm wondering is if there is a way to migrate the VMs manually? Is it just as simple as recreating the VM under SCALE and pointing it at the existing disk files and hitting start? Is there a script that runs during the upgrade process that does something besides just export the settings and then import them under the new SCALE system?

sretalla