Rock Linux 9 VMs not booting after migration from Core to Scale

mvandekorput

Cadet
Hi, today I finally made the decision to migrate from Core to Scale. The migration went pretty smooth. I have 3 VMs running Rocky Linux 8.9 and they boot perfectly after the migration. I only had to change the network settings in Rocky Linux to get everything up-and-running. I also have 3 VMs running Rocky Linux 9 and those don't boot. They result in a Kernel Panic (CPU does not support x86-64-v2). My CPU settings are set to "Custom" and I'm not able to change it to for instance "Host Passthrough" or "Host Model". I can change it, but the changes are not saved and always turn back to "Custom" without a CPU being selected. Any idea on how to solve this. I think it is just a matter of selecting the right CPU settings, but it looks like I'm not able to do that. Many thanks in advance!

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-12-24 om 19.10.10.png

mvandekorput

Cadet
All solutions I found on the web point in the direction of setting the CPU type to host ("Host Passthrough"?). Is there a way to this using the CLI or by changing a configuration file, as I'm not able to do it through the WebUI?

mvandekorput

Cadet
Removing the VM (and keeping the disk image) and recreating the VM solves the issue for now. I do however see that making changes to the newly created VMs are not stored either. This seems like a security related issue after migrating from Core to Scale. Do I need to set permissions differently to allow VM changes made in the WebUI to be stored correctly? Thanks!