Core to Scale and VM Migration

Lee Spangler

Dabbler
I have migrated from Core to Scale - with the understanding the VMs could also make the migration. I am now having a permission issue with all my VMs.

The shell reports the following:

WARNING: Your user does not have sudo privileges so /usr/bin/virsh command will run
on your behalf. This might cause permission issues.

Connected to domain '37_Hassio'

My log file is attached.

All of the VMs start, but they will not truly boot into the VM.

Does anyone have any insight on how to address this?

Thanks,
-LeeTXJD

Attachments

• 37_Hassio.log.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 111

claudius139

Cadet
I have migrated from Core to Scale - with the understanding the VMs could also make the migration. I am now having a permission issue with all my VMs.

The shell reports the following:

WARNING: Your user does not have sudo privileges so /usr/bin/virsh command will run
on your behalf. This might cause permission issues.

Connected to domain '37_Hassio'

My log file is attached.

All of the VMs start, but they will not truly boot into the VM.

Does anyone have any insight on how to address this?

Thanks,
-LeeTXJD
Lee, did you find an answer to your question? I just upgraded to Scale and have exactly the same issue with my VM (same message)

Lee Spangler

Dabbler
I am going to disappoint you a bit... I don't remember exactly (to the commands) how I fixed it.

However, it is a permissions issue with "user" libvirt-qemu. VMs under Scale operate in part with the permissions of user libvert-qemu

The solution was - in the ACL editor or with the command line - adding libvirt-qemu so it has permission. Add the user libvirt-qemu to the filesystem ACL (and apply the permission recursively).

Just in case you are very new - don't create that user. It exists already. However, I can't find the instructions I followed to modify the permissions appropriately.

Do more searches (here and on google) dealing with libvirt-qemu and TrueNas Scale. I am sorry I can only provide this clue.