Migrating Data From Non-ZFS Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

snorkleboy13

Dabbler
I have FreeNAS 11 up and running and am in the process of migrating data from old ReadyNAS NV+ devices. I have SMB and AFP shares setup on the FreeNAS server and was using FileZilla to help transfer the data. This is working fine when I have a simple copy from one directory to another. The problem I am running into is when I try and copy the data from the ReadyNAS to the FreeNAS SMB share where I have several levels of sub-directories that need to be created during the copy process. FileZilla can't create the new subdirectories and it errors out with an error 550 - Operation not permitted. Creating the sub-directories manually would take "forever". What method can you recommend to copy the directories and data as created? Please be specific as my admin skills on FreeNAS are just coming up to speed.

Last edited:

Linkman

Patron
What are you using to execute the copy? The 'cp' command? Most 'cp' command have the '-R' recursive option, and if you have permissions on the destination directory that will create the sub-directories as needed.

snorkleboy13

Dabbler
What are you using to execute the copy? The 'cp' command? Most 'cp' command have the '-R' recursive option, and if you have permissions on the destination directory that will create the sub-directories as needed.
I am using FileZilla to execute the copy. I am not aware of how/where to set optional parameters for the copy actions. I am more than willing to move to a different method/application to accomplish the migration task, and I appreciate in advance the guidance of the FreeNAS experts in this community.

Last edited:

Linkman

Patron
Sorry, I'm not familiar with FileZilla. I'd look for a 'recursive' option somewhere.

adrianwi

Guru
Good work keeping the ReadyNAS NV+ going for so long! Mine was retired about 5 years ago :)

Status
Not open for further replies.