Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBooey

Dabbler
Hi all,

Just a quick question. I have an existing FreeNAS 8 server that is running on a HP ProLiant DL380 G7 with 16Gb RAM. I've never noted it before, but when I login to FreeNAS via the web browser I see that the memory being reported from the System Information page is 10215MB.

I am creating a new FreeNAS 9.1 server using HP ProLiant DL380 G8 with 32Gb RAM but when I go to the System Information page it shows memory of 1869MB.

Is this the memory available to FreeNAS or the memory being used? From the BIOS and Boot screens I note that both servers successfully display 16Gb and 32Gb respectively.

Just a tad confused. I am not doing anything at the moment on the new FreeNAS server so thats why I am wondering if it is to do with how much memory is being used rather than what FreeNAS sees as available?

BigBadBooey

Dabbler
Hi all,

Would appreciate any help on this if possible. Have attached an image - when I boot the BIOS screen definitely shows 32Gb RAM in the server.
FREENAS.jpg

cyberjock

Inactive Account
How about you use the 64 bit version of FreeNAS..... see that little "x86"..... that's not good.

BigBadBooey

Dabbler
Do you know what ..... arrrrgh! I didn't even see that they had downloaded me the 32-bit version!

Cheers (again) Cyberjock!! Back to a fresh install..... :D

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Hehe. You aren't the first one to get that wrong. :P

BigBadBooey

Dabbler
haha! Well, the good news is that after two days of messing about I now have a NAS running like something off a shovel! Two days knowledge mastered in 15 minutes huh! Transferring servers now - many thanks for your help again Cyberjock. Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.