Lookup subfolders within storage_0 within the GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I have been running my FreeNAS server (8.0.4) for about three days now, and I have transferred about 700GB of data to my current storage (1,3TB in total out of two drives in a stripe)
So I have gotten the permissions right I guess.
I'm currently running ZFS on this volume, but now I want to set specific groups and permissions to each folder.

(I have been searching the forum, the web, the FAQ and looked at several guides, but I'm currently not at home so I have no access to server itself. I can only access it via Logmein.com and into the GUI)

I have not setup any SFTP, SSH nor any access via the Internet at all.

So now; here is my question:

I'm currently trying to lookup subfolders within the storage_0 (such folders as pictures, movies, music, etc, etc) but through the GUI I can only see a image of something loading when I press "+" next to "Storage".

In other words I to make the storage_0 as a folder with all the subfolders for me to administrate, and give the other groups access to one or more specific subfolders (such as pictures)

I know that "protosd" made a guide how to do this, and I'll try this at home.
FreeNAS 8 Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials
Permission-issue

However it bothers me that I cannot see the subfolders in to GUI.

Is there a solution to this?

4GB 800mhz RAM
MSI K9N
AMD Athlon X2 64x 4600+
WDCG drives.

Thanks for any advice.

And one last thing:
What does ACL, wheel and daemon mean?

yahyaue

Cadet
You said you have access to the GUI. If that's the case, click on sharing on the top links or on side navigation panel. If you use the top link bar, click the share tab. Choose the share type, Apple - Windows -... Choose edit. Then, you can see your sub-folders. If you use the side navigation panel, expand sharing. Expand the appropriate share. In my case, CIFS shares. Then, choose your share. Browse the path of your share. Drill down to the folder you want to set permissions. Uncheck inherit permission. That's as far as I have gotten. Haven't really been able to play alot with permissions yet.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.