Can Access Folder, Not Subfolders

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdianIV

Dabbler
I'm hoping this will be a quick one. It has less to do with FreeNAS and more to do with a lack of understanding of Permissions, I think.

I have one Volume created with 5 Datasets underneath. These datasets all have subfolders and files.

I created a new Crashplan Jail today, and got it configured and working properly. However, I added Storage to the jail and pointed it to the root of the volume. When I enter certain folders within that mounted drive in the jail, some of them show subfolders and files as expected, others show nothing.

When I go to the permissions of the datasets not showing subfolders in FreeNAS, I can see that the owner is set to Root and the group to Wheel. I can set the permissions recursively, but it still doesn't allow me to see the subfolders in the Crashplan jail.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong here. I had similar issues with my Plex and SABnzbd jails, but that was because they run under a media or plex account, not root. From what I can tell, Crashplan is running as the root user in this jail, so I would expect the permissions to be correct.

Edit:
I've also tried the following from the Crashplan Jail with no success:
chown -R root:wheel /mnt/Volume01
chown -R root:wheel /mnt/Volume02/Folder01

I even ran a chown command against the folder from the FreeNAS Shell outside of the jails.

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Do you have datasets nested under the root dataset you mounted in the jail? You can't do that and need to mount every dataset separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.