Logs for Cloud Sync?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaManRIT

Dabbler
Does anyone know where logs are kept for Cloud Sync? And, hopefully, how I can tweak the verbosity of those logs?

The reason I ask is my Cloud Sync tasks seem to be moving a LOT more data then I'd expect. I'd like to see what it's really doing.

Thanks!

deastick

Dabbler
yeah I'd love to know this too. Can't seem to find where config/logging of cloud sync is stored.

D

dlavigne

Currently there are no logs for cloudsync as rsync output is parsed for progress display and then discarded. Please create a feature request to add logging at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

mattklein

Cadet
Does anyone know where logs are kept for Cloud Sync? And, hopefully, how I can tweak the verbosity of those logs?

The reason I ask is my Cloud Sync tasks seem to be moving a LOT more data then I'd expect. I'd like to see what it's really doing.

Thanks!

To your question of why Cloud Sync seems to be moving a lot more data than you'd expect, I noticed this too. I eventually realized it was because I'd configured storage mounts for two jails to be able to access a directory that was outside of the jail. E.g., my plexmediaserver_1 jail had mounted the /mnt/myvol/media directory as /mnt/myvol/jails/plexmediaserver_1/media, and my emby_1 jail had mounted the /mnt/myvol/media directory as /mnt/myvol/jails/emby_1/media. Cloud Sync was treating this as three separate copies of the (large) media directory and was syncing them redundantly.

Don't know if that's the case for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.