Obtaining Cloud Credentails for sync with Google Drive

mhelms1961

Dabbler
All;

I wanted to confirm the steps to take to obtain a google drive access token that would be subsequently "cut and pasted" into the access key ID on the "credentials add" page. I was on a chat for an hour with a GSuite support person to confirm where I get this token and was unable to get a firm answer other than this request was beyond the scope of their abilities to help. This was after sharing the link to FreeNas Cloud Credentails Docs as well as the link to configuring FreeNas Cloud sync task and allowing the support person to read for context. Does anyone out there know specifically how to obtain a google drive access token for a person who has a GSuite account?
Thanks!

mhelms1961

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply, unfortunately no. I tried creating a shared folder on FreeNAS and mapped it to my MAC to use that as a proxy. I mapped my google drive sync to that drive but got an error that GDrive did not support the operating system. My work around for now was to point back to the original folder on my Mac and synch it with the FreeNAS shared drive. But I can’t get GDrive to sync directly to FreeNAS. Even the second tier support guys at Google were not able to help.

PureAFM

Dabbler
I don't want to give up on doing this my self, having photos on google photos (from google drive) and doing the transfer overnight would be nice. Can someone clarify how you obtain an Access Token for google drive? I have searched the Google Drive API at Google Console but no luck.

scrappy

Patron
I haven't had much luck either getting FreeNAS cloud storage and google drive to work so I simply run a jail with rclone to accomplish my backups to Google drive

PureAFM

Dabbler
I haven't had much luck either getting FreeNAS cloud storage and google drive to work so I simply run a jail with rclone to accomplish my backups to Google drive

Does that work independently of a PC? You can go straight between you NAS and drive? If that's the case that will do nicely.

scrappy

Patron
Does that work independently of a PC? You can go straight between you NAS and drive? If that's the case that will do nicely.
Yes. All it requires is mounting the datasets inside of your jail, install rclone package, then go through the rclone guided setup.