Cloud Sync - Google Drive token not refreshing...

BlueMagician

Explorer
Dear all,

I've just updated to 11.2-U5, and thought it time to leverage the Cloud Sync features for one or two irreplaceable directories on my server.

I largely followed this post with instructions from talend.com.

- Created a new Google account.
- Created a new project in the Google dev portal and got my access keys.
- Logged into the Google OAUTH2 Playground using those generated ID keys.
- Granted access to the Google Drive API and generated tokens, making sure to tick the 'renew before expiry' tick box.
- Cut and pasted the full token string (the one in curly brackets) from the playground into the field in the FreeNAS GUI.

I then created a PUSH Cloud Sync task, and ran it manually...

...All seems well for a while; the FreeNAS GUI counts files and starts to sync - with files appearing as expected in the Google Drive account.

However, after approximately 1 hour, the sync job fails, with the FreeNAS GUI logs complaining about invalid credentails and problems relating to listing remote directories.

I assume this is the point where the API access key has expired, seemingly not automatically renewed by FreeNAS. Nothing I do seems to be able to get FreeNAS to renew the access key, so connection to Google Drive breaks.

What the hell am I missing?

Thanks very much in advance,
S.

Last edited:

hervon

Patron
I search in the forums pointed to this site.

Using FreeNAS integrated rclone was the solution for me.

BlueMagician

Explorer
@hervon - Thank you, but...

I realise that this sort of thing has been achievable using RClone directly (either in a jail or without) - but I had really hoped, given that Cloud backup has officially been available in GUI for some time now, that it would be stable doing it the 'pretty way'.

I can't be the only one having this problem with Google Drive tokens, so I assumed I was doing something wrong...

S.

hervon

Patron
The way I pointed works great ...