SOLVED LACP Setup Hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbiek04

Dabbler
I am trying to setup an LACP connection between my FN and a Netgear GS748TPS (LACP support per user manual). Purchased and installed an Intel I350T4 NIC into my box. FN appears to recognize the additional interfaces and names them igb2 through igb5. I made the connections with new patch cables and the router successfully assigns each a new IP address on the same subnet.

From there, things go a bit sideways. I started with setting up the group though the GUI per the documents and after selecting LACP and the applicable interfaces I press ok and then I wait. Nothing happens and then I get a message across the top saying communication has been lost with the server. The new link aggregation does not include my current interface that I also am using for IPMI, but I permanently lose the connection with the GUI none the less.

When I IPMI into the box there is no IP address listed to connect to the GUI nor does the machine show up on my DHCP tables. I've tried restarting the machine with IPMI with no success. The process if setting up the link is at least somewhat successful as the only way I have been able to get back into the GUI is to delete the link aggregation though the IPMI. My best guess is that something is happening while setting up the link that is creating it, but not completing it.

When I try to do the setup through the IPMI console, I can configure the box to say that the GUI is reachable as an IP address I assigned, but neither the new IP address or the static route are responsive in a browser or respond to a ping at the command prompt.

Any suggestions?

m0nkey_

MVP
Setup LACP using the console menu. Never have gotten it to work correctly using the UI.

Also, you may want to use static IP when using LACP. I wouldn't recommend using DHCP with it.

Bobbiek04

Dabbler
I abandoned setting things us via the GUI and instead focused on using the console. Its important to note that I restarted the machine after initially configuring the LACP and after configuring the IPv4 settings. This led to the console directing me to an IP address like usial, but for some reason I couldn't connect in my browser. I decided to go back and recheck the settings on my switch.

Finding nothing there, I wanted to make sure I set up the switch correctly. After scouring their forums, I found the following link:

https://kb.netgear.com/23841/The-VL...screens-do-not-display-correctly-on-my-switch

Apparently, newer web browsers (Chrome, IE, etc.) dont play well with the GUI even though I am using the latest firmware. So I installed Netscape Navigator 9 (circa 2007) and went back to the GUI and sure enough there was a checkbox that didn't show up in chrome, but did in Netscape. Checked that box, and was able to connect with no issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.