Troubles witch 3NICS

Peque

Dabbler
Hi Forum.
Just trying setting up freenas as an alternative to Synology - but I having some issues regarding the networks setup.
My setup is :
Adminitration: 192.168.10.1/24 VLAN10 - IPMI,Switche and NAS - set by DHCP - IP 192.168.10.1124 (egb0)
LAN: 192.168.50.1/24 - Normal LAN users - Not available for NAS
DMZ: 192.168.100.1/24 WLAN100 - Server area - Set by DHCP IP 192.168.100.20/24. (em0 em1)

I have and onboard LAN - which my plan is the administration interface, and a PCIe DUAL NIC - which I would like to bond/link aggregation - on - so the I have a Interface available for DMZ servers - I found this Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqSH_uQSArQ ( allthough its a little old )
but as soon as I create the LACP - on em0 - I'm loosing the connection at once - and then I need to reset configuration for getting in touch with it again - since after creating the LACP link it'll loose all connections. I double tested several times that the names on the Interfaces are correctly - but same result no matter what!
And the console online says - something wrong with the interfaces - allso after an reboot. so not sure on how I can create this BOND/LACP - since I'm stranding the same place each time

The LAGG aggregates your physical NIC's into a virtual one. When you do that (which requires configuration on the switch side), you cannot assign addresses to the physical NIC's. You can only assign them to the LAGG or a VLAN sub-interface.

Peque

Dabbler
Well - I do not know What I did different from Console to Webinterface - but 3rd time was it successfully.
But why can't you have 2 seperate DHCP addresses on the system ? Any reasons for that problem.

I Have build with several Linux Boxes without having to restrict it to only One DHCP IP ( I prefer to setup static DHCP lease instead - so I can move the fysical Net and it will allways get connection. Also having one configuration for network in the Router).

But why can't you have 2 separate DHCP addresses on the system ? Any reasons for that problem.
I don't know if there is a restriction on that, but I would always opt for static IP assignment for infrastructure components like FreeNAS. It could cause a problem because you would likely get a default route from each DHCP assigned interface. The default route is a system level value, so it could make internet access not work correctly if the packets get load balanced out different interfaces.