Keep FreeNAS folder and Windows folder sync'ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattpitts74

Dabbler
Hi Guys,

I've been using FreeNAS for several years and manually copying files over to a shared folder on my freeNAS.

I'm looking for an automated way to keep a folder on my PC internal HDD synced with my FreeNAS. I understand that 'Rsync' can properly do that, but I'm struggling to find any straight forward guidance as to how I set this up to work?

I have been reading the FreeNAS user manual and, but I'm still struggling to understand exactly what I need to do. Even google doesn't come up with much either that isn't overly technical :-(

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there a more simple way to archive syncing between a folder on my PC and FreeNas?

chris crude

Patron
SyncBackFree seems to be the choice of application to keep files in sync.

It's both @m0nkey_ and @DrKK approved.
Is SyncBackFree file based or archive based?
I mean, say i make an SMB share, make a few folders in that share then sync files into those folders. Will this file structure be feasible when i make a Plex docker in FN10 and point to these folders? thank you.

ccssid

Explorer
I have been using this: https://allwaysync.com/ for years for backing up my PC. Now I use it to sync/add/copy (if you will) files from my windows PC to my FreeNAS 9.10.2 machine's shared folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.