Jail IP accidentally set to FreeNAS IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shark88

Dabbler
Hello,

I accidentally set the IP of one of my jails to the main IP address of my FreeNAS box. The box became immediately unavailable through the webgui and SSH. So the Jail has taken over the IP address. Since it is a remote server, I am unable to connect a keyboard and monitor. Is there any solution to restore the access to the GUI or get access via SSH?

Any ideas? Thanks!

Shark88

Dabbler
Unfortunetly not. So I would need to connect a keyboard and a screen locally to access the cli.

Or would it also possible to connect the usb drive with FreeNAS on it and modify config files?

Too bad. Even though it is my own fault, it would be beneficial if FreeNAS could warn me or simply block such an IP assignment.

Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Unfortunetly not. So I would need to connect a keyboard and a screen locally to access the cli.

Or would it also possible to connect the usb drive with FreeNAS on it and modify config files?

Too bad. Even though it is my own fault, it would be beneficial if FreeNAS could warn me or simply block such an IP assignment.
Wait a second. If you do NOT have VIMAGE on, this is a non-problem. Do you know if VIMAGE is on?

Status
Not open for further replies.