ipTV. Is it possible ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlad

Dabbler
Hello everybody !
I've installed freenas and setup 3 plugins and now I can see video on xbmc from freenas.
I want to stream ipTV from freenas to different player(such as vlc, xbmc e.t.c). Is it possible ?
Many thanks :)

Nindustries

Patron
Not in Freenas.. I discussed this earlier with some people about tuner support in FreeNas and that's probably zero because it's a stripped-down OS.
So you basically have 2 options;
- use a network tuner, connect to your switch and stream from there
- setup one htpc to stream to the others (My favourite one, using for example MediaPortal)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Vlad

Dabbler
Why not ?
You wrote about 2 ways :)
Thank you very much for your answer :)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
But both of those don't use FreeNAS exclusively. You still must use alternate methods to stream the data.

Nindustries

Patron
Let's put it this way: in order for the freeNas install to be this small, they removed all unnecessary drivers etc from the freeBSD install. Who'd think that a nas needs tuners ey?

But you could always try to compile/install all necessary software in freenas. I think tvHeadend or Argustv runs on freebsd.

And yes, I wrote about 2 ways, but both of them include not using freenas.. sadly

- Sent from mobile.

Vlad

Dabbler
Thanks for that :)
I want to install serviio plugin as encoder for video stream.
It's very interesting. If I got it I'll can see ipTV everywhere from my freenas server :)
But I've not found many information about it.
Did you installed Serviio plugin ?
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.