Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port - Not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmacka88

Patron
Hey I thought I would turn this into another thread as my problem has gone from one thing to another issue I believe. Apologies if it is related in any way.

Originally, when I first used the card I was getting a PXE-E05 error on boot. I reflashed the card to the latest version which fixed this. Here was the other thread http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/bootagent/sb/cs-008212.htm.

Now after this I still could not access my FreeNAS system using the NIC. Nothing would happen at all unless my server was connect to the network through the onboard NIC.

I have tried:
- Disabling “Onboard LAN1 & LAN2 Option ROM” (default was LAN1 on PXE and LAN2 disabled)
- Disabled "Network Device BBS Priorities" and "Network Stack" is also disabled

Still nothing worked.

I then also tried:
- Disabling the flash - "Disables the capability to run the flash firmware on the selected adapter." Using Intel's BOOTUTIL.EXE utility. http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/bootagent/sb/cs-008212.htm

This stopped the NIC from booting up on the screen however, still nothing when trying to connect through the NIC.

Can anyone confirm that this card works on FreeNAS or is my NIC not working correctly?

Or better yet what kind of setting would help me fix it.

Basically, I want to only use this as a NIC without network boot.

Thanks

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I see ho hardware listed, no FreeNAS version, no error messages on FreeNAS, no dmesg or anything useful. So I'm sorry but we can't help you with what you've provided.

I have used the Intel 1000 PT dual port in a FreeNAS machine and I know for a fact it does work.

tmacka88

Patron
I see ho hardware listed, no FreeNAS version, no error messages on FreeNAS, no dmesg or anything useful. So I'm sorry but we can't help you with what you've provided.

I have used the Intel 1000 PT dual port in a FreeNAS machine and I know for a fact it does work.

Hey sorry,

But I don't know what more information I can provide. Can you please tell me what I can get for you. I don't get any error messages.

dmesg is:
Initializing Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.5.53
PXE 2.1 Build 092 (WFM 2.0)

Ok well i presuming it must be a bad card if it worked for you fine. Did you have to change any settings on your MB to get it working? Also did you disable the flash firmware?

Cheers

cyberjock

Inactive Account
How about giving the forum rules a read and starting with all of that info...

I never reflashed it (and there is no need to unless you plan to PXE boot) and no motherboard settings matter since this is an addon card.

tmacka88

Patron
How about giving the forum rules a read and starting with all of that info...

What I meant is that all the information that I knew I could get for my problem was already stated. I would always provide as much information as possible when ever I post anything here e.g. error messages etc. It is always better for everyone that way.

I never reflashed it (and there is no need to unless you plan to PXE boot) and no motherboard settings matter since this is an addon card.

Ok, no worries. I think that my card was faulty all along and I have been trying to get it to work. I got a refund, so will try and get another some time.

Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.