Intel Pro/1000 PT - PXE-E05 error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmacka88

Patron

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Why do you need PXE? The quick and easy fix is to disable booting from the card in the system BIOS.

Why do you need the card at all? Your board has two Intel GbE controllers (sadly mismatched).

tmacka88

Patron
hey. I need the card because my MB does not have WOL. therefore I got this so I can use that feature. when u mean disable it in the bios are you referring to the MB bios or the nic bios? should I disable PXE?

cheers

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
hey. I need the card because my MB does not have WOL. therefore I got this so I can use that feature. when u mean disable it in the bios are you referring to the MB bios or the nic bios? should I disable PXE?

cheers

System BIOS. Just disable network booting or set PXE lower than the FreeNAS drive.

tmacka88

Patron
System BIOS. Just disable network booting or set PXE lower than the FreeNAS drive.

I have tried disabling “Onboard LAN1 & LAN2 Option ROM” (default was LAN1 on PXE and LAN2 disabled).

Also I have disabled "Network Device BBS Priorities" and "Network Stack" is also disabled.

But still nothing works.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Odd... Maybe reflashing will solve it, but the boot ROM souldn't even be invoked with your setup.

tmacka88

Patron
Odd... Maybe reflashing will solve it, but the boot ROM souldn't even be invoked with your setup.

I reflashed the NIC to the latest and I don't get the PXE-E05 error anymore. It loads as it should on boot. However, the nic isn't working. I don't get any errors or anything but I can't access it through the network at all.

I have a setting:
"Other PCI Device ROM Priority" currently set on "Legacy Only" should I try "UEFI Only"? or just leave it.

Any other suggestions. I might also try to update my BIOS to v2. Althought this is running 1.1a it was a new MB only came out in the last 12 or so months so BIOS shouldn't be an issue I would think.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.