Installing plugin causes cable modem to reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlenoggan

Dabbler
Hi All,

I'm just about to go mad with trying to install the btsync plugin on freenas 9.2.1.6. This problem can be re-created each time.

I've got a test freenas virtual machine using virtualbox working fine as far as Apple/Windows folder shares.

The problem I'm having is EVERY time I try to install the BTSYNC plugin, tried CRASHPLAN as well to test, my Motorola Surfboard cable modem decides to power cycle in the middle of the plugin download/install process.

What on earth could be in Freenas that would cause the modem to power cycle whenever I try to install one of the plugins?

Help!

Thanks

joeschmuck

Old Man
The answer is nothing really but I don't doubt your results. I just tested using my 6120 and BTSYNC installed fine. I did this on my real machine, not a VM.

Go to 192.168.100.1 which is likely the URL for your modem and review the log page, see if you can find something there. And then you should locate a forum which deals with your modem and troubleshooting the problem.

noodlenoggan

Dabbler
Thanks, will look into checking the modem logs! I tried the same setup using VMWARE on the same machine. The modem didn't reboot and the plugins installed fine. Very odd.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I love VMWare Workstation, great tool.

noodlenoggan

Dabbler
Installed fresh copy of VBox 4.3.12 on a different machine and went through the freenas setup. Half way in installing the BTSYNC plugin, modem rebooted and the install hangs. I'm including the log files and vm settings file.

Thanks!

Attachments

• vbox freenas logs.zip
    69.9 KB · Views: 194

joeschmuck

Old Man
Report this in the Bug Tracker or it may never get the proper attention. Actually I'd think this is a Virtual Box issue, not FreeNAS since it's really only happening in VB.

noodlenoggan

Dabbler
Bug entry #5530 for those interested.

I'm going to post this on VB's site and see if others there have a solution.

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.