Btsync plugin broke network on 9.10. How to remove plugin via console bash prompt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrii Stesin

Dabbler
Dear FreeNAS gurus, I hope you can drop me some hint. My colleague tried to install Btsync plugin (supposedly, of version 2.3.8) onto our test FreeNAS-9.10.1 in the office lab.

Somehow things went wrong during the installation: FreeNAS lost it's network connectivity. Interface lagg0 with all vlanXX interfaces on top of it is up and running. Pings are going well both ways, routing is Ok. But!

All network server daemons are Ok, in a good health and tied to their appropriate sockets. I.e. sshd LISTENs at port 22, Web interface nginx LISTENs at port 80, but TCP session can not be established. When I try to connect with browser, nginx's socket on FreeNAS goes to the state SYN-RECEIVED and sits there. ACK packets are lost somewhere. When I try to slogin to somewhere from FreeNAS console, it also stuck.

I think this has something to do with misconfigured jail which was created by Btsync plugin. Ok, our experiment failed, no problem. But I can't discover a way to purge the failed plugin/jail from FreeNAS completely and to clean the mess up, by hand, given console bash prompt only (no web graphical management interface).

Is there some command line tool around for plugin and jail removal and cleanup, or maybe script, or some well-known command sequence? Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Andrii

Sakuru

Guru
Use jls to find the jail name and warden delete JAIL_NAME to delete it.

Andrii Stesin

Dabbler
Thank you! It worked. Just curious, what the underlying mechanics of such a nontrivial network behavior was?

Sakuru

Guru
The jail probably didn't have VIMAGE enabled so it was conflicting with the ports FreeNAS uses.

Status
Not open for further replies.