Installing a Plugin that's unrelated to data pool

dashtesla

Explorer
So i'm trying to install bacula to a server i'm working on.

I get this: "No pools exist. Jails cannot be created or managed until a pool is present for storing them. Please create a pool first."

The purpose is to get the plugin installed so i can access a tape drive (LTO-3 Ultrium 960 SCSI) which is completely unrelated to any local data it would rely on a database cluster and remote webserver, so the way i see this freenas node should be able to allow me to install the plugin to the system as i won't be using the data pools for bacula, and all i want is to use bacula for the time being with this particular server, bacula should be able to process backups over the network.

I'm still waiting for more hbas to arrive so i can setup the data pool as it will be 12x 5TB drives, but i really don't see why a plugin would be installed to a data pool when the boot drive has 146GB available and is redundant and it's only using a few GBs, so why waste space from my data pool to install a plugin that's not even related to data storage, specially considering data drives can be moved to another server and that would stop the plugin from working. Even if for some people would make sense (like people who run off say 4GB usb sticks) there should be an option to select where to install the plugin data and how much space it will take.

Am I doing something wrong or was this how freenas was designed?

Thanks.

sretalla