Insert Guest Addition CD image

john60

Explorer
Oracle virtual box can mount a CD containing guest additions. Running this gives the VM the ability to cut and paste from the VM window.

Is there something similar, or even manual for VM in truenas scale?

Want to be able to paste to the noVNC to a console in the vm.

Basserra

Dabbler
Off hand I'm not sure, sorry. I mainly use SSH or RDP. But, you might be able to with another VNC client. For example, don't use the web based VNC as I don't believe it has such functionality implemented on TNScale. You could try with another VNC client to the VNC port, but still might be limited by TNScale. So, you would need to install a VNC server in the VMs OS.
TNScale uses KVM so you could try to see if installing qemu-guest-/-tools/-additions/-agent (virtio-win for Windows from Fedora) would help, and I am sure it helps the VM in general. Windows requires the 'CD' but most Linux have it in their repos.

sfatula

Guru
Copy and paste works fine for me into a Windows VM on Scale. I do have the guest additions noted by Basserra installed in my Windows VM for virtio drivers, not sure if that is needed for copy and paste or not. I am using Reminna as my display app and spice protocol.